A Season for Giving Back to Thailand & a Challenge to You

Catherine Wentworth over at Women Learn Thai wrote an excellent article today on The Set Foundation and the important work they do, The Set Foundation: A Season for Giving Back. This is not only a worthwhile cause but a way for us to give back to the country we love so dearly. Please take a few minutes out of your busy day to visit Women Learn Thai and read about this wonderful charity.

From the Set Foundation website:

The SET Foundation has a very specific aim: to make a difference. That difference is between a youngster being able to study at a vocational college or university, or instead having to labor in the rice paddies, on a Bangkok building site, or in some other mundane, dead-end job.

Now, I know the economy has been bad and many people are still struggling to get by, especially during the holiday season. I am also among the struggling but I am committing to donating the adsense earnings that Thailand Land of Smiles has earned for the month of December to the cause.

My adsense earnings for the month have been down but as it stands I will be able to donate 5000 baht and now I want to challenge you, my readers, to contribute to the cause as well. If you can find it in your hearts to donate even as little as 500  baht ( $15.00 ) that would be awesome and if you don’t have the money,  but have a website or blog, if you could spread the word that would be awesome too. If you could do both that would be even more than awesome.

If you have a blog or website and want to spread the word make sure to throw some love Catherine’s way and link to her article on the Set Foundation. If you do make a donation or use your time to spread the word please come back here and let me know in the comments and I will  be sure to add your name to this post as well as a link to your blog or website.

A small gift during the holidays will be remembered for a little while but this small donation will be remembered for a lifetime.

Those that have contributed:

Mike of My Thai Friend

Steve of Thailand Musings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. Talen, you are amazing! The SET Foundation touched my heart too, and with your help, many more Thai children will see their way through to the education they deserve.
    .-= Catherine´s last blog ..The SET Foundation: A Season for Giving Back =-.

Catherine | Dec 21, 2009 | Reply

2. Catherine, I’m so glad you brought the Set Foundation to my attention because I didn’t know about it before. It really is a worthwhile cause and something I hope the whole Thailand blogging community can get behind…even a small donation can make a big difference.

Talen | Dec 21, 2009 | Reply

3. Talen, I too added to the pot.

And hey all… any amount will make a difference so PLEASE do join in on the fun.

Ho ho ho…
    .-= Catherine´s last blog ..The SET Foundation: A Season for Giving Back =-.

Catherine | Dec 21, 2009 | Reply

4. Talen a very worthwhile charity. I will do a short post today and link to yours and Cathherine’s articles I will also retweet your tweet to my followers.

I know just how important this is having Doy living with me since without our support her education probably would not have progressed past primary.
    .-= Mike´s last blog ..Christmas in Thailand-Cold Turkey Anyone? =-.

Mike | Dec 21, 2009 | Reply

5. Thanks Mike…the more people that can get the word out the better and hopefully the Set Foundation will not only get exposure but some much needed funds.

Talen | Dec 21, 2009 | Reply

6. I will also be doing a short post later today to help get the word out. I am also going to donate 1000 baht each month for all of 2010 to SET. In addition, I am working on something that will hopefully allow all of my readers to be able to help the SET cause throughout 2010. By pulling everyone together I hope we can make a huge difference in the lives of many Thai children.
    .-= Steve´s last blog ..Mexico Photos =-.

Steve | Dec 22, 2009 | Reply

7. Steve, that is wonderful to hear :-)
    .-= Catherine´s last blog ..The SET Foundation: A Season for Giving Back =-.

Catherine | Dec 22, 2009 | Reply

8. Catherine, it’s a small start, but one that I’ve been meaning to make for some time now. Thanks for providing me with the impetus to finally just do it!
    .-= Steve´s last blog ..Mexico Photos =-.

Steve | Dec 22, 2009 | Reply

9. My pleasure Steve. And please let me know when the other charity reaches Thailand as I’d love to become a part of that too.

Ho ho ho everyone :-)
    .-= Catherine´s last blog ..Interviewing Successful Thai Language Learners: Hardie Karges =-.

Catherine | Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

2 Trackback(s)

1. Dec 21, 2009: from ‘Tis the Season for Giving: The SET Foundation | Designers Who Blog: Design, Illustration, Photography, Web, Advertising, Branding ...
  2. Dec 22, 2009: from Giving Back To Thailand – The SET Foundation | Thailand Musings

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.