Man Cave Under Attack by Sneaky Thai Women

Pink Moose Headed towel

As has been pointed out by more than a few people my man cave has been downgraded a few points due to a certain pink moose headed towel I own, but it’s grown on me and if the events of the last few days mean anything the pink moose headed towel may be just the beginning of my man cave worries. I also want to point out that I, in no way shape or form,  purchased said pink moose headed was the work of a Thai woman!

I’ve been seeing quite a bit of Ying lately and just the other night her younger sister was back in town and they decided to make me dinner. All was well and my taste buds are definitely getting used to spicy meals. Sometime after dinner Ying and her sister had a conversation that I was able to pick words out of here and there, flowers were mentioned a lot but I paid it no mind.

After dinner was finished and the dishes cleared and cleaned Ying had to drive her sister back to Bangkok because she had to work the next morning and I went back to working on some websites and getting the new server ready to go ( fingers crossed everything will be on the new server by the weekend and I’ll change the name servers over then ).

Ying has an unnatural fascination with Hello Kitty as many Asian women do,  but in her case it has been transferred over to her New Honda Accord. Yes, she has a Hello Kitty car! Bright white with large lettering across the windshield that spells out Hello Kitty, 2 large sets of whiskers in the back window, a Hello Kity  bobble head on the dash, Hello Kity steering wheel cover and a small Hello Kitty head on the roof.

A cute car I guess, except when I’m driving it slouched down in the seat so no one can see me. Yes, I know, I handed in my man card already. Cute as the car may be it is pure evil under the hood. The car has taken out no less than 3 motorcy riders and this night would be no different. I got a call about midnight from Ying letting me know she would be spending the night in Bangkok as well due to the Hello Kitty Car taking out yet another motorcy taxi driver. She had a date with the police the next morning that cost her 5000 baht.

Hello Kitty Honda

Note: This is a reasonable fascimile of said Hello Kitty Honda as the real one is currently in the Hello Kitty hospital getting work done.

I guess Hello Kitty isn’t all that bad…

Hello Kitty Panties Hello Kitty assault rifle Hello Kitty Beer

Anyway, back to the original point of this post. The next day after I returned from school there was a knock at my door and when I opened it there was Ying and 2 large potted plants, she was pointing to the elevator as if to say there is a bunch more in there. Apparently my pink moose headed dish towel was not enough to appease the god of Thai women and the conversation the night before was about sprucing up the place with flowers. It would seem women are the same the world over, they just can’t stand to see a man have his own place without a woman’s touch.

Ying fixing the flowers Flowers for the man cave Flowers for the man cave 2

I’m not complaining though, it’s the first time I can remember a woman buying me flowers and it’s nice to know someone is thinking about me. Although, I have to make sure to keep an eye on this situation as I have just noticed a ceramic elephant looking thing with a small candle in it’s ass to make the place smell more flowery, wouldn’t do to have the man cave too prettied up.

he elephant thing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. Mike, my hat was off to you in your last post for being secure enough in your masculinity to have a pink towel. The Hello Kitty car outside your condo – now that takes real confidence.

In a previous post you mentioned that a Kathoey had followed you home; you seem worried about it. I’m sure if she were to see you behind the wheel of the Hello Kitty car the stalking would end :-)

Paul Garrigan | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

2. Talen, this is a hilarious great read. Perhaps we should be taking bets on what appears at your sweetly pink abode next? ;-0

Catherine | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

3. Talen, nothing like a woman’s touch to your place. They spruce things up only a woman can ;-)

Joe | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

4. Talen, I can’t believe that I just called you Mike. I’ll have to stop this multi-tasking.

Paul Garrigan | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

5. Paul, I have underground parking but that doesn’t seem to help when I drive :P

If I remember right that kathoey had on a hello kitty helmet…there must be a correlation.

Talen | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

6. Cat, I’m afraid to find out what is next myself…today the only thing that showed up was Thai food and a kilo of red seedless grapes.

Talen | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

7. Joe, a womans touch is nice and I have to admit the flowers brighten my day…

Talen | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

8. Paul, I purposely let that slide in hopes that people will think it’s his site and he has a pink towel and drives around in a hello kitty car :)

Talen | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

9. I hope Mike doesn’t come looking for me. He might not be so happy about the association with pink towels :-)

Paul Garrigan | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

10. Paul, you know Muay Thai…just kick his pink towel owning , hello kitty car driving ass :P

Talen | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

11. Hey Talen,

Can we get a picture of you behind the wheel of the Hello Kitty mobile? That would be precious!

Steve | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

12. Steve, That will indeed be a very cold day in Thailand…very very cold.

Talen | Sep 30, 2010 | Reply

13. OMG, I am laughing my ass off and I sure as hell know that MOM is too!!! I want that damn dish towel; just adorable.

Susan | Oct 1, 2010 | Reply

14. Sue, You know exactly what I’m thinking…right?

Talen | Oct 1, 2010 | Reply

15. So let me get this straight: she cooks,she cleans,she decorates,she has a job,she has a license,and she has a car.Back here where you come from we call that JACKPOT!!!
    Are you complaining or bragging?

Ellegon | Oct 1, 2010 | Reply

16. Ellegon,
    Walk a mile in a mans shoes or drive in his girls Hello Kitty car as it were.

Talen | Oct 1, 2010 | Reply

17. Walk,hell I’d crawl!!!

Ellegon | Oct 2, 2010 | Reply

18. Hi Talen (aka Mike)that was an entertaining read. Given the new lady friend seems a bit accident prone perhaps you shouldn’t allow her out on the balcony :-)

As for what might appear next, well I suggest you watch your clothes closet, the knickers draw usually confirms they intend staying.

Of course I have no related experience here although Doy does have a Hello Kitty toy or two.

Mike | Oct 2, 2010 | Reply

19. Mike, Accident prone is putting it mildly. My buildings entrance is all glass…she walked into the stationary glass wall thinking it was a door…nice bump above the eye to show for it. Luckily I am on the second floor so the fall won’t kill her.

She hasn’t adopted any of my drawers yet but I am keeping watch….I have noticed a few new knick knacks though such as frogs on the refrigerator.

Talen | Oct 2, 2010 | Reply

20. Early days Talen… early days ;-)

Catherine | Oct 2, 2010 | Reply

21. I think if you’re going to drive the Hello Kitty car you might as well go all out – like wearing a pink tee shirt or go topless :D

Lani | Oct 3, 2010 | Reply

22. Nice apartment, nice plant arrangement (which I love about Thailand), nice hair on your “gardener” . . . you seem to be on a winning streak after the recent travails.

A great fun story. Who knows where this will lead? But one morning you may wake up with a Hello Kitty tattoo, and I’d not like to be anywhere near the epicentre of Man Cave detonation!

SiamRick | Oct 4, 2010 | Reply

23. Hi Talen! I have been looking around the net for a blogger who can answer my current International Marketing class question: What is a cultural metaphor of life in Thailand? Anyone who knows the power of Hello Kitty is a hero to my three daughters, so maybe you could help me answer the question. Perhaps it has to do with fad and fashion?

Cindy | Oct 11, 2010 | Reply

1 Trackback(s)

1. Sep 30, 2010: from Tweets that mention Man Cave Under Attack by Sneaky Thai Women | Thailand Land of Smiles --

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.